Since ancient times, Ginger has been used to treat digestion and gas-related problems. Hence drinking Ginger tea can be very beneficial for gas relief.
You will get relief from digestion, bloating, gas, and constipation with this ginger tea recipe. This hot ginger tea is best consumed first thing in the morning or 30 minutes after a meal.
Benefits of Ginger Tea for Gas Relief
- Ginger protects the stomach. It accelerates food movement across the gastrointestinal tract and reduces gas, bloating, and cramps.
- Ginger gets the digestive juices flowing and awakens the taste buds.
- Ginger, which enhances gastric motility, is a perfect digestive tonic. It relieves constipation, vomiting, and protects the gastric lining from acidity.
How to make Ginger Tea for Gas Relief
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- Fresh ginger (crushed) – ½ inch
- Water – 2 cups
- Cloves – 6 whole
- Fennel seeds – 2 teaspoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon (or as per your taste)
- Heat water in a saucepan.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the crushed ginger, cloves, fennel seeds and let it boil for a minute on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, the water would have reduced to half. Switch off the flame and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Add honey. Stir well and consume immediately.