For several individuals, ginger tea has proven to be a healthy, natural, and efficient way of reducing nausea.
Pregnancy, motion sickness, chemotherapy, surgery, and certain gastrointestinal disorders are some of the most commonly supported applications of ginger tea as an anti-nausea remedy.
Benefits of Ginger Tea for Nausea
- Ginger tea is known to relieve nausea or relax an irritated stomach in a natural way. In fact, its most commonly supported use is its ability to relieve nausea and vomiting.
- Studies have shown that ginger and its compounds can improve digestive responsiveness and speed up the emptying of the stomach, which can reduce nausea.
- Ginger tea has anti-inflammatory properties and can boost digestion and encourage the release of hormones that control blood pressure to relax your body and reduce nausea.
How to make Ginger Tea for Nausea
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- Fresh ginger (crushed) – ½ inch
- Water – 2 cups
- Cinnamon stick – 1 small
- Honey – 1 teaspoon (or as per your taste)
- Heat water in a saucepan.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the crushed ginger, cinnamon stick and let it boil for a minute on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, the water would have reduced to half. Switch off the flame and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Add honey. Stir well and consume immediately.