It is known that ginger tea has antimicrobial properties that can help combat infections (bacterial or viral), including those causing cough, sore throat, and throat pain.
Benefits of Ginger Tea for Cough
- Ginger has antimicrobial properties, including those that cause sore throats, colds and can help combat infections (bacterial or viral).
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe a sore throat by relieving inflammation.
- An immune reaction to infection is a sore throat. By suppressing painful inflammatory responses to combat infection, ginger tea may help minimize the pain it causes.
How to make Ginger Tea for Cough
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- Fresh ginger (crushed) – ½ inch
- Water – 2 cups
- Honey – 1 teaspoon (or as per your taste)
- Lemon – 1 tablespoon
- Heat water in a saucepan.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the crushed ginger and let it boil for a minute on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, the water would have reduced to half. Switch off the flame and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Add honey and lemon juice. Stir well and consume immediately.