It is known that ginger tea has antimicrobial properties that can help combat infections (bacterial or viral), including those causing cough, sore throat, and throat pain.
Benefits of Ginger Tea for Sore Throat
- Ginger has antimicrobial properties, including those that cause sore throats, colds and can help combat infections (bacterial or viral).
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe a sore throat by relieving inflammation.
- An immune reaction to infection is a sore throat. By suppressing painful inflammatory responses to combat infection, ginger tea may help minimize the pain it causes.
How to make Ginger Tea for Sore Throat
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- Fresh ginger (crushed) – ½ inch
- Water – 2 cups
- Honey – 1 teaspoon (or as per your taste)
- Lemon – 1 tablespoon
- Heat water in a saucepan.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the crushed ginger and let it boil for a minute on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, the water would have reduced to half. Switch off the flame and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Add honey and lemon juice. Stir well and consume immediately.