Ginger tea can help with acid reflux or heartburn if taken in small doses. If you take a large dose, however, it may worsen your situation.
Benefits of Ginger tea for Acid Reflux
- Gastrointestinal discomfort can be relieved by small doses of ginger.
- The risk of stomach acid flowing into the esophagus may be reduced by ginger.
- Ginger tea can decrease inflammation. This can alleviate acid reflux symptoms.
- Ginger tea helps regulate the flow of juices in the GI tract to facilitate the absorption of food.
- Ginger tea helps in absorbing extra acid from the stomach.
- It xpedites the process of digestion.
How to make Ginger Tea for Acid Reflux
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- Fresh ginger (crushed) – ½ inch
- Water – 2 cups
- Honey – 1 teaspoon (or as per your taste)
- Heat water in a saucepan.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the crushed ginger and let it boil for a minute on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, the water would have reduced to half. Switch off the flame and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Add honey, stir well and consume immediately.